Steel Forging Machine Operators - we're looking for someone like you!
For 90 years, IMT Standen’s Limited Partnership, operating as Standen's, has been one of North America’s largest manufacturers of components for the transportation industry. Our dedicated team is continually developing new processes, products, programs and equipment to achieve quality and capabilities far beyond current global norms!
We are currently looking for Steel Forging Machine Operators to join the Standen’s team in this permanent full-time position. This is an exciting position that offers a variety of manufacturing assignments. The successful candidate will gain experience in steel production, machine operation, quality production and Lean manufacturing.
Wages at $14.75/hr - $18.55/hr. We also have an incentive pay program based on meeting or exceeding daily production and quality targets and on average a majority of our employees make between $18 and $20/hour. Our Afternoon and Night Shifts also receive a shift premium added to the base hourly rate. All of our openings are based in our plant in Calgary, AB CANADA.
7:00am-3:30pm - Day Shift
3:00pm-11:30pm - Afternoon Shift
11:00pm-7:00am - Night Shift
What we have to offer:
- A diverse population with over 45 countries represented.
- Company paid health benefits (including dental, extended medical).
- Company sponsored matching pension plan.
- Health and Wellness Programs.
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria.
- Plenty of free parking and a convenient location.
- Transit accessible with a bus stop just meters away.
- Employee training programs, both internal and external.
- Opportunities for career growth, learning and skill development within the company.
Does Standen’s sound like the ideal place to build your career?
What will your work day be like?
- Assisting with the day to day operations of the steel production and manufacturing area by manipulating, carying and/or lifting 10-35lbs. of steel for the purposes of forging, forming, shaping, heat treating and assembling material into various shapes and sizes.
- Operating furnaces to heat steel to proper temperatures for forging and hot processing.
- Placing heated or cold metal pieces into process equipment and/or tooling for forging, shaping, and processing steel parts.
- Operating presses or other forging machines to produce steel parts.
- No education requirements; on the job training is provided for this position
- No previous experience is required.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume using the following link: IgniteYourCareer@standens.com.
You are invited to apply in person at: 1222 58 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB T2G 2H7 between the hours of 9am and 3pm. You can also fax your resume to: (403) 258-7868.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about working at Standen's, please call 403 258 7800 and ask for Human Resources.
Please reference #NOC95122015 on your email, attention Human Resources. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.