Steel Forging Machine Operators:
For 90 years, Standen’s Limited has been one of North America’s largest manufacturers of components for the transportation industry. Our dedicated team is continually developing new processes, products, programs and equipment to achieve quality and capabilities far beyond current global norms!
We are currently looking for Steel Forging Machine Operators to join the Standen’s team in this permanent full-time position. This is an exciting position that offers a variety of manufacturing assignments. The successful candidate will gain experience in steel production, machine operation, quality production and Lean manufacturing.
Wages at $14.50/hr and up. We also have an incentive pay program based on meeting or exceeding daily production and quality targets and on average a majority of our employees make between $18 and $20/hour.
What we have to offer:
- A leadership team dedicated to employee development and success.
- A diverse population with over 45 countries represented.
- Dedicated and hard working team members who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
- A competitive compensation package including profit sharing and regular performance incentive reviews.
- Company paid health benefits (including dental, extended medical).
- Company sponsored matching pension plan.
- Health and Wellness Programs.
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria.
- Plenty of free parking and a convenient location.
- Transit accessible with a bus stop just meters away.
- Employee training programs, both internal and external.
- Opportunities for career growth within the company.
Does Standen’s sound like the ideal place to build your career?
Want more information? Check out our website below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
- This position will be responsible for assisting with the day to day operations of the steel production and manufacturing area.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to manipulate, carry and/or lift 10-75lbs. of steel for the purposes of forging, forming, shaping, heat treating and assembling material into various shapes and sizes.
- Operate gas or electric furnaces to heat steel to proper temperatures for forging and hot processing.
- Place heated or cold metal pieces into process equipment and/or tooling for forging, shaping, and processing steel parts.
- Operate presses or other forging machines to produce steel parts.
- Complete initial part inspection, in process inspections, trouble shooting and process improvements along with any other tasks assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Experience in heavy manufacturing operations and processes.
- Steel forging experience strongly desired
- Manipulation of metal, preferably steel.
- Familiarity with heat treating processes.
- Comfort and familiarity in a heavy industrial environment.
- Excellent dexterity and math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform safely in a demanding physical environment.
- Intermediate computer skills and data entry experience.
- Ability to read production drawings.
- Knowledge of measurement systems, both metric and imperial.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in using hand tools and air tools.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Forklift Experience
- ISO 14001, TS 16949 Knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
- Standard First Aid Certification
All interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter / resume, indicating wage expectations, using the following link: IgniteYourCareer@standens.com
Please reference #0325010 on your cover letter, attention Human Resources. We thank all applicants for their interest in Standen’s limited. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.