Quality Assurance Manager
Are you looking for a progressive environment where you can make a difference?
Do you enjoy problem solving and working with others to achieve positive results?
Do you enjoy managing a team and interacting with other departments?
Are you driven and willing to commit to motivate, change and implement new processes?
Are you an excellent team player, strategist, and QA professional?
As the Quality Assurance Manager, you play a primary role driving our quality assurance program, ensuring our procedures are met and aligned with ISO/TS standards and customer specifications. You have the dual responsibilities of managing the organization’s quality assurance policies and controlling new product development processes to maximize efficiencies, effectiveness and quality company operations.
In this dynamic and fulfilling position, you will interact with multiple levels in our organization. To be the next Quality Assurance Manager at Standen’s, you must be successful at juggling multiple priorities and inspiring our team in delivering excellent quality assurance services in a unique manufacturing environment.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A leadership team dedicated to employee development and success;
- A diverse population with many countries represented;
- A competitive compensation package including profit sharing and regular salary reviews;
- Company paid health benefits (including dental, extended medical);
- Company sponsored matching pension plan;
- Health and Wellness Programs;
- Extensive training programs;
- Opportunities for career growth within the company;
- Free parking.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Lead, effectively manage and be the expert on Standen’s Quality Assurance (QA) functions;
- Manage a team of quality assurance professionals;
- Manage and coordinate all TS16949 / ISO9001 / ISO14001 and other standard requirements;
- Promote continuous improvement while working with Standen’s Executive and Leadership teams;
- Analysis, communication of, and reporting on, internal and external data trends;
- Quality Engineering activities including process capability studies, APQP, and PPAP activity related to Quality;
- Strategic thinking;
- Exemplary customer service with a focus on customer retention and resolution;
- Travel to offsite Standen’s locations or customer facilities outside of Calgary; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of direct work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines, methodologies and associated standards;
- Excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments;
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans;
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable;
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking;
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker;
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Experience with the ISO/TS 16949 automotive quality Standard
- Experience with the ISO14001 environmental Standard
- Knowledge and ability to train Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing;
Standen's Ltd. has been a Calgary employer and community supporter since 1924. As one of North America's largest full line leaf spring, suspension component, trailer axle and agricultural tillage tool manufacturer, Standen's prides itself on quality products and services.
With over 500 employees in North America working hard to make Standen's our customer's first choice; we are constantly innovating and improving. Standen's uses new technologies and in-house developed processes and machinery in our manufacturing plants in Calgary, Edmonton, and Xuzhou, China. We also have distribution centers in Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Indianapolis, IN and Cucamonga, CA.
Standen’s is the recipient of the Alberta Export Achievement Award, the Premiers Award for Health & Wellness, Diversity Awards, and many other recognitions.
How to Apply
All interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter / resume, indicating salary expectations, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing to 403 258 7868.
As Standen’s is a supplier of Canadian government designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to a security check which may include a criminal background check.
Please reference #20131113 on your cover letter, attention John Simpson, Human Resources. We thank all applicants for their interest in Standen’s limited. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.