Production Machine Operators
Interested in learning new manufacturing skills? Have a passion for steel and manufacturing and want to learn more? Standen’s has excellent opportunities for you!
Standen’s has been in the manufacturing business for 87 years. We manufacturing and ship components for the transportation and agricultural industries throughout the world.
These are a permanent positions where the successful candidates will gain experience in making alloy steel products and machine operation. We run 3 shifts Monday to Friday. Shift assignments do not change or rotate unless requested.
We have three shift options (with minor schedule modifications for certain positions):
Day shift: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Afternoon shift: 3:30pm - 12:00am; or
Night shift: 11:00pm - 7:00am.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive wages with incentives
- Production bonus opportunities
- Company-wide profit sharing
- Hard working team members who work together to get the job done
- Company paid health benefits (including prescription drugs, dental, extended medical, travel, disability, and life insurance)
- Company Pension and RRSP plan
- Subsidized on-site cafeteria
- Training & development
- Great location near the intersection of Deerfoot and Glenmore Trails
- Easily accessible by car, bike, or transit!
- Free parking
- Opportunities for career growth within the company
Candidate Skills Required:
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to perform safely in a fast-paced production environment.
- Comfortable in heavy industrial areas.
- Experience using hand tools and powered tools.
- Works well with others and is a good team player.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Willing and able to ask questions and contribute to improvements.
- Ability to use measuring tools (imperial and metric)
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
- Safely operate production machinery;
- Always focusing on your Safety and the Safety of those around you;
- Record “first off” and in-process inspections;
- Be a part of training and improvement opportunities;
- Learning different skills for different processes;
- Keeping your work area neat and tidy;
- Excellent attendance
- Check all materials before use;
- Ability to lift and manipulate steel parts repetitively;
- Operate gas or electric furnaces to heat steel;
- Make sure all your products are identified with tags or labels;
- Suggest ways to improve your processes;
The following skills would be helpful:
- Knowledge of metal manufacturing processes
- Steel forging or blacksmithing experience
- Standard First Aid Certification
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and other production orders
- Basic Math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Forklift Experience
As Standen’s is a supplier of Canadian government designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to a security check which may include a criminal background check.
Drop off or email a cover letter and resume, indicating shift preference. Please reference #20111106 on your cover letter, attention Human Resources.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.