We're looking for our next great Engineer!
Do you have keen attention to detail? Are you creative in your problem solving? Are you willing to actively participate in a team environment?
How long have you been searching for meaningful work, where problem solving, designing new materials and machines and being part of an engaged and dynamic team are everyday occurrences? Wishing you could work somewhere that makes it possible for you to take a project from concept through development to testing and into full production? Looking to be involved in a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves, go-and-see kind of Engineering team?
Your search is over. Welcome to Standen’s Limited.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, our new Engineer is responsible for conducting and coordinating product and process engineering activities in support of our manufacturing and sales operations.
Standen's Limited has been a Calgary fixture and community supporter since 1924. As one of North America's largest full-line leaf spring, suspension component, trailer axle and agricultural tillage tool manufacturers, Standen's prides itself on quality products and services.
Standen's state-of-the-art main manufacturing facility is situated on 15 acres in the industrial heart of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. This facility, with over 250,000 square feet of space, is complete with administrative offices, engineering and design, production, assembly, warehousing, quality assurance and shipping. Our current annual production exceeds 50,000 tons. With over 500 employees working hard to make sure Standen's is our customer's first choice; we are constantly innovating and continuously improving.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To provide technical and service support and solutions to internal customers;
- Test, evaluate, and analyze competitive automotive and agriculture components;
- Communicate with engineering manager and production managers as well as the sales and marketing team to generate product requirement documents and design prototypes for testing and approval;
- Document programming and machine procedures;
- Write-up and presentation of technical papers, application notes and design tips;
- Provide technical support to customers, both internal and external;
- Assist in new product launches/demonstrations/seminars/exhibitions.
- Robotic and automation experience is an asset
- B.Sc, M.Sc., or Technologist in Engineering with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Knowledge of CAD systems (SolidWorks preferable)
- Experience with Lean Principles
- Strong technical and/or mechanical expertise
- Familiar with various manufacturing and machining methods
- Capable of embracing innovation and providing creative solutions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
What you can expect from Standen's:
- A leadership team dedicated to employee development and success
- A diverse population with many countries represented
- A competitive compensation package including profit sharing and regular salary reviews
- Company paid health benefits (including dental, extended medical)
- Company sponsored matching pension plan
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Extensive training programs
- Opportunities for career growth within the company
As Standen’s is a supplier of Canadian government designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to and pass a security check which will include a criminal background check.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: IgniteYourCareer@standens.com
Please reference #20131007 and the position Title on your cover letter and subject line of your email, attention Human Resources. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.