CALGARY - RECEIVING/WAREHOUSING
The Receiving Attendant will be responsible for assisting with the day to day operations of the shipping/receiving area. The successful candidate will gain experience in inventory procedures, warehouse operation, customer service and powered equipment operation.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive wages with incentives
- Production bonus opportunities
- Company-wide profit sharing
- Hard working team members who work together to get the job done
- Company paid health benefits (including prescription drugs, dental, extended medical, travel, disability, and life insurance)
- Company Pension and RRSP plan
- Subsidized on-site cafeteria
- Training & development
- Great location near the intersection of Deerfoot and Glenmore Trails
- Easily accessible by car, bike, or transit!
- Free parking
- Opportunities for career growth within the company
Candidate Skills Required:
- Ensure the company is represented in a professional capacity at all times
- Hold a current valid Driver’s License
- Currently or willing to become a certified forklift operator
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Good problem solving skills
- Works well with others and independently
- Order picking based on order pull sheets, physical inventory, shelving products and forklift operation.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
- Safely operate production machinery;
- Always focusing on your Safety and the Safety of those around you;
- Be a part of training and improvement opportunities;
- Learning different skills for different processes;
- Keeping your work area neat and tidy;
- Excellent attendance
- Check all materials before use;
- Make sure all your products are identified with tags or labels;
- Suggest ways to improve your processes;
- Excellent customer service and support experience
- 1-2 years in a warehousing type environment
- Understanding and knowledge of Standen’s products
- Mechanically inclined
- First Aid Certification would be considered an asset
As Standen’s is a supplier of Canadian government designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to a security check which may include a criminal background check.
Drop off or email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2013. Please reference #20131021 on your cover letter, attention Human Resources.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.